Did you know that with an All-on-4 dental procedure you can have a new set of teeth in 3 simple steps? That’s right, getting a new smile and turning your life around couldn’t be simpler.
All-on-4s have gained a quite a bit of popularity in the last few years, thanks to how fast, efficient, and safe the procedure is. It’s the ideal solution for patients you have: a) lost several teeth or b) are about to lose several teeth and the only option left is to extract them. By placing 4 implants along the jaw bone the dentist creates some fixed points to attach permanent dentures that look, feel, and last just like regular teeth, without all the side effects of non-permanent solutions (such as removable dentures).
All-on-4s is also commonly known as “teeth in a day” since the main procedure is done in a single session (you need to have a few post-procedure visits, but they are just like regular check-ups).
Steps For All-On-4 Implants
The first visit to your dentist is a regular consultation; the main objective at this stage is to make a thorough diagnosis of your case to plan the upcoming procedure, in this visit the dentist will:
- Make a pre-surgery assessment of the mouth area.
- Make a bite impression. This will be later be sent to a dental laboratory to study it, model it, and use it to craft your personalized dentures.
- Consultation with the surgeon. The medical team will ask for X-rays and CAT scans to assess the mouth area and plan the surgery.
- Some dentists will ask for childhood pictures, and talk you through so you can make the final choice on what your teeth will look like.
The second visit is on the day of the procedure itself, you will be asked to be early at the doctor’s office (that way the medical will have plenty of time to work). On this visit the dentist will:
- Remove any remaining teeth
- Place the 4 implants along the jaw area, as we said before, this will act fixed points that will hold the denture in place. As a plus, an All-on-4 can be place even if you have a small jaw bone, which is an added benefit in comparison to other methods.
- The dentist will place a temporary denture, as this are placed with screws they won’t move even an inch, this is the denture you will be using until denture is ready.
After 6 months or so, once the implants are fully integrated to the bone, the temporary denture is replace with the permanent solution, this is a quick visit and a painless procedure.
For many, All-on-4s are a godsend, it’s a simple and effective procedure that can turn a life around in three simple steps, if you like what you are reading we invite you to give us a call with any question you might have, our staff will be there to provide aid in any way we can, your health and happiness is our goal.