Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Oral and maxillofacial surgery is a dentistry and surgical specialty, oriented to solve the pathologies that could affect the oral cavity, face, neck and head. This specialty includes the study, diagnosis and treatment of diseases and may affect tissue function in these regions.
Oral and maxillofacial surgery includes an extensive range of procedures, as it works in a very complex anatomical area. Some interventions that may require this type of surgery can be as simple as an extraction of wisdom teeth, bone grafts and dental implants; reaching more complex procedures as orthognathic surgery, which seeks to restore harmony of the face correcting the jaw position.
Procedures of oral and maxillofacial surgery
Some of the procedures among the many that can cover this branch of surgery are:
- Dentoalveolar surgery and periodontics (gum and teeth).
- Treatment of infections involving bone and soft tissues of the head and neck.
- Crani-maxillofacial trauma.
- Reconstructive surgery
- Orthognathic-orthopedic surgery. Correction of the jaw and occlusion problems, like anteroposterior, vertical, or transverse discrepancies.
- Pre-prosthetic surgery and implants, such as bone graft for proper placement of osseointegrated dental implants.
- Cervic facial infectious disease, such as facial and neck boils and abscesses.
- Oral pathology.
The aim of Dental Services Los Algodones is to provide the best diagnosis, study and treatment options for each patient, taking as premises individual and personal attention, along with the experience and proficiency of the best qualified professionals using the best technology that will ensure successful results.